Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I asked my better half about it, and she came up with 3 possibilities.

1. She's in on it.
2. She's attracted to "bad boys".
3. She loves him so much that she is willing/able to overlook anything.

Or, any combination of the 3.

Your Wife pretty much covered it all.

My Mother suffered from number 2 and 3 when it came to my stepfather. The things that he visited upon our family was beyond the world any child should ever have to live in. After he died my Brother and I brought up the subject of the mental, physical and emotional abuse we suffered at his hands, and we questioned her as to why she made no effort to remove us from that way of life. Her response was that we were "dreaming" and that no such thing occurred at any time, and that we needed to get help because we were living in some kind of sick world of our own creation. She became angry and violent, like some kind of mentally incapacitated shrew. Needless to say our relationship pretty much ended not long after that incident.

He ran over my Mother with a car, smashed her head into a cast iron heater requiring more stitches that I could count, he slashed both her arms requiring 72 stitches on one arm and 71 on the other, and many, many other things too numerous to mention. His treatment of us, her own flesh and blood was the same, yet she stood by him, no matter what, no matter who.

So, yes, there is a great possibility that Sherri suffers from a combination of 2 or 3.

Or

She is as sick and twisted as he is.

Whatever it is, if he was a 1/1,000,000 of the man he claims to be, he would put a stop to himself. Because at this point he is too sick and twisted to fix, ever.

If it's because she is attracted to "bad boys" she really needs to get out more, Mark is about as "bad boy" as a chikadee splashing in a bird bath

Every woman's idea of a bad boy is different. We have no idea what her idea of a bad boy is. I am willing to bet her idea is far different from your idea and mine.

My idea of a bad boy is the Brother I never talk about much. He screwed, and or tried to screw and steal from pretty much every human he has ever come in contact with from about the age of eleven, maybe earlier and I did not notice before then. Not just strangers, his family, his wives, his own grandparents, his own kids, you name it. He was Mark all over, but way worse, he took two people's lives when the screwing he was trying to give them went bad.

He found God, faked getting therapy, repented, the whole circus, over and over again, gaining trust and starting his bullshit all over again. All so he could live the life of the big man he wanted to be, but was never man enough to make of himself.

He is in prison now, where he can again pretend to be the big man he always wanted to be, but under the cover of night, in his cell, until the morning, when he is once again just prisoner number XXXXXXX that nobody of any importance in life gives a damn about.

Your right, Mark is not a bad boy, not in our eyes, but in his mind he is the the King of the Hill, but he should remember, even Kings come tumbling down.

I believe some women just crave the intensity of TV soap opera/romance paper back novel lifestyle. Like an addiction they get hooked and need the intense emotional highs and lows to feel alive. Which "bad boy" they are with doesn't really seem to matter as long as they are getting their emotional 'fix'. If the one they are with leaves them or changes his bad boy ways they search out another.