Mule deer is correct as he always is. The 6.5 Creedmoor is a great round for many reasons. I am a hand loader and a looney so.. Actually the case heads are not the same between all three. The 6.5X55 Swedish Mauser is .480 not .473. (SAMMI and most US loading manuals) If you buy US made brass then most likely it is .473 the European brass will be .480. Does it make a difference? I have used Norma, and Laupa in my 6.5X55's. In my 6.5X57 RWS because it is about they only one available. US loaded ammo is very weak due to the many older rifles still around Krag's and the 96 Swede (it is stronger than many might believe) I have seen some impressive velocities in a Sako in 6.5X55, and a CZ 550. The Steyr in 6.5X57 can top that. (more powder capacity) I don't load them that hot anymore because I see no need to. The whole short action thing is what sticks in my craw, the 6.5 bullets are very long for caliber, so to me it is a disadvantage to use a short action, unless one whats to stay at 130g and below.

Last edited by smithrjd; 05/11/18.