Originally Posted by Mule Deer
HitnRun,

Like many, you're refusing to acknowledge the factor that kept the 6.5x55 from being the 6.5 Creedmoor: widely varying throat length, due to being introduced as a military cartridge in 1892. Due to this factor alone, there's no way to produce 6.5x55 factory ammo that will be safe and accurate in every rifle, or to publish handloading data that's safe and accurate in every rifle.

You're also claiming "victory points" like every other 6.5 Creedmoor critic who's never even shot one. It's hard to make supposedly rational arguments about something you really don't understand, because you refuse to.

Nope, it isn't irrational. Look back at all the Creedmoor discussions and it is continually compared as a long range cartridge against many other cartridges that weren't designed to do what the Creedmoor was. I agree that what it is capable of is superior to those other cartridges in that aspect, not necessarily all the others. At some point you too must recognize, your affiliation with the Creedmoor and guns and cartridges in general, is vastly different than the majority of this bord.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.