Unfortunately for folks like me, threads along the lines of this one just make me want to go out and buy a "cheap" rifle in 6.5CM just to see what all the hullabaloo is about. Me, the owner of a couple of fine 6.5x55 rifles. Hah, I will resist................................today.

It's as bad as the fact the gunwriters conspire with the manufactures to get me to buy more firearms every month. I was gifted a big bag (500 or so?) of primed 10mm auto brass a month or so back. Being unable to find among certain relatives and acquaintances a reloader that would remove them from my ever growing inventory of "stuff" not used within a year, they are presently sitting on a shelf in the garage. What happens next? Not one, but TWO of the magazines I subscribe to that recently arrived have articles covering firearms and loads and such for 10mm auto. Not just articles, but "cover articles" with big glossy pictures trying to lure me into purchasing a Delta Elite, Ruger 1911 or Super Redhawk (That magazine even mentions Lipsey's having Blackhawks in 10mm and I find it hard to resist a good single action). All they would have needed to do was mention a reliable "cheap" pistol caliber carbine in 10 mm and I'd have had to drive to the big city and get me some.

So, y'all stop with the posts on fancy new (2007 introduction is new to me, hell I even still consider the Talking Heads as a new band) cartridges and rifles. My loonyism is creeping back in a bad way.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?