Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by qwk

They sure as hell didnt win anything with cheap factory ammo. My whole beef was with the statement that all you need for the creed is "cheap factory ammo". As you go up in price, the ammo quality gets better, but the cheap stuff sucks. Hornady makes some of the worst cheap factory ammo. Out of about 10 boxes of Hornady creed and 708, I got 3 misfires, and one etched bolt face. Compared to one misfire, and zero bolt face etch in over 20k handloads using cci br4 and cci large mag primers.

I really don't get why anyone who shoots more than a few boxes of shells a year wouldn't reload. All you need is a couple of Wilson hand dies, a rubber mallet, a beam scale, and a few plastic bits to make better ammo than most reloaders out there do. If one looks around, it would cost much more than $100.

If you’re having that many issues with any major ammo, you need to check your rifles.

Define “cheap”. I consider $22-$24 a box of match ammo “cheap”. You can win national level matches with 6.5 Creedmoor ammo from Walmart.

I’ve shot right at 4,000 rounds of “factory” match ammo this year. It isn’t worth reloading for it, as factory 6mm and 6.5mm Creedmoor match ammo from Hornady and Federal can, and will win any standard sniper/precision match in the country.
Same guns with that used cci primers. It's not the gun.