Originally Posted by Dogger
I'd be tempted to find a 6.5x55 (what, not a Creed?!!) with a beautiful walnut stock (what not weather proof!) in a CZ550 (heavier than you need and once was commie!) and run 156 grain Norma Oryx factory fodder (factory ammo, horrors!) thru it for everything... FF II ballistic plex reticle (no turrets!) ... just to be the 6.5 Contrarian at the local range...

I already have reloading dies and brass. and by not reloading i am being more Campfire Contrarian... at least for awhile...

The Cz 550 is a very nice rifle in that chambering. I was blind sided by the fact that it came with a plastic composite floor plate. Apparently you have to order that special.

You could do a lot worse in making that purchase. It shoots amazingly!!The rifle was a little rough cycling at first but smoothed up fast and feeds those long slender cartridges without a glitch. I guess that would be an advantage to the Scandinavian as well. It feeds fantastic in both rifles that I own. ( Tikka ,cz )

The only advantage I see for the Creed has over the Scandinavian, is factory ammunition.If you are limited to factory ammo get a creed for sure. Thats really about it. If factory ammunition was my only choice, I’d own a Creed as well.

As far as chambers varying wildly? Both the tikka and the cz headspace within .001” of an inch of one another. The throats vary by .015. I would hardly call that wildly. Maybe that’s the luck of the draw as well? I dunno....

I’ve owned .300wm chamberings where head to shoulder dimensions varied more than .035” thousands between rifles. Not a misprint, 35 thousandths. That’s varying “wildly”