Originally Posted by DollarShort
I read about the first 3 pages and it’s craziness. In my relatively little experience, I’ve done the 30-06, the 308, and the 270, and I ain’t goin back. Well I mean I might...someday... But for what I want, what I need, just one bolt action medium-big game rifle, larger than a .223, that can double as an up to 700 yard target for fun gun, that won’t kick so much that I get tired of shooting it or have to concentrate too much to shoot it well, I think the mid powered.264’s is about the limit.
The Swede is way cool. The history. Just the way the ammo looks; the perfect middleweight; like a jumbo 222.
The 260 is fine too.
Then the Creedmoor. And I don’t care what the name is. It could’ve been the 264AR or 265 Hornady or the Six and a half Banana Split. It’s the complete package of dozens of rifle and ammo offerings with every base covered for wind bucking and carry and not too much recoil. It’s the easy button.

But still more than I have to have for nothing bigger than deer or hogs. So I start thinkin, for me, if I just wanted to buy one rifle, and one that was really easy to shoot, with all the same wind bucking and carry built in to the design of the factory rifles and ammo, the 6mm Crredmoor would probably be more ideal. But it’s not. At least not yet. Not many rifle offerings yet. Ammo has to be ordered online. There’s probably one place that I know of where I could walk in and buy it. And I’m torn between it and the 243 because the 243 is everywhere and in any rifle you could want.

I can see some of the detractors’ points. I don’t really need it. I don’t have to have it. And I’m not fretting over not running out and getting one today or tomorrow. But I wouldn’t deny the advantages of the 6.5 Creedmoor, and in a lot of the same ways the 6mm Creedmoor, if I was buying a new rifle. But I may just get a better 243 if I get anything because I don’t really have to have the latest and greatest😃.

Dude!

I'm going to call mine the "Six and a half Banana Split"

Everything I've always wanted and more!

It’s the complete package of dozens of rifle and ammo offerings with every base covered for wind bucking and carry and not too much recoil. It’s the easy button.

I always thought a matched set of Rem Mtn rifles in 250 and 300 Sav would be perfect setup for what and where I hunt. (1950 chic)

or substitute kimbers or fieldcrafts or tikkas....whatever

6.5 creedmoor and a .308 is a modern version of that. (2010 chic)

.25-35 and a 30-40 Army is the old version. (1900 chic)

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....