Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Spotshooter,

Please how naming a new cartridge after a historic shooting range is pretentious, especially since the cartridge was designed primarily for target shooting.

Good cop - I’ll try to do better -

To me Creedmoor shooting jackets “as a brand” were what the HP shooters got to improve thier shooting skills - they aren’t cheap so having one and using it actually means something.
Now when I shot, I didn’t do it for points, or to rank, I did it to increase my shooting skills.... but I still bought a Creedmoor shooting coat because they are the best.

Now we have a “creedmoor” chambering... so it no longer means the same thing given anyone can buy one...
So to me the brand / meaning of Creedmoor shifted based on the target market / customer base.

the guys I learned HP from and shot with would have never bragged on the Creed as an “empowerment” ... but would have talked about it’s values and benefits to the industry.
What I often see from “new creed owners “ is not that

So Clarification. - I find Creed Braggers Pretentious..... (I guess I shouldn’t blame the creed name).

I don’t blame Creedmoor for the title... they deserve it, they did the work.... I just hate how it’s being used by some folks...

Like I said, it’s not all bad, when I take a new Creed owner to a 500 yard range and they are suprised that past 300 chamberings don’t make up for experience and shooting skills... they quiet down fast.

BTW - John,... very nice job on explaining how the cartridge development is helping the industry to adjust to the VLD ./ long bullets - it’s been a problem for years, at least we have one writer that’s focusing on the key issues... Thnx for that.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 09/20/18.