Okie Dokie, fun and bizniss took care of:

Shooting this AM went splendidly well. Before I post a pic, a little history. I have NOT shot this 70 Swede since Summer of 2017. I developed the load and intended to hunt it last season BUT my 284 Win project came together after a couple of delays. Since I had already hunted and killed with the 6.5X55 in 2012 and later, would have to refer to records but several deer, bucks & Does; I was MORE excited about the 284 W.

I've liked and wanted a 284 W for many years - mainly because of case design. So when it came together in 2017...... the Swede got stored and the 284 went hunting.

Sooooo, I have not done any more load development since 2017 - 120 N B T, 49 grs IMR 4350 = 3000 fps.
I do plan to try H 4350 but it really doesn't matter.......also plan to try Rl 26 so we'll see. I actually had to dig the Swede OUT, it was not front and center.

These are the FIRST 3 shots SINCE 2017 ! ! I didn't attempt to shoot more into the group; a YEAR rest and COOL, plus I took a few minutes between each shot. BINGO ! ! cool

[Linked Image]

I got the WW brass from EdM here on the 'fire', don't know how old it is.
The W W LRS&M primers are from a STASH before WW primers went brass.
The COAL is already posted on P 30, 3.03"

For reference here's the 1" target dot laying OVER the 3 shots.
I like measuring O-O rather than C-C, just personal preference.

[Linked Image]

smile

All I had to do was simply adjust the scope and VOILA --- I'm ready for Deer Season.
Earlier M D said... on P 28

Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I also once owned a M70 like yours. Nice rifle, but it didn't shoot as accurately as a Ruger 77 Hawkeye, which also had a decent walnut stock. Neither shot nearly as well as my .260 Remington TIkka T3 Super Lite, one of the special run from Whittaker Guns with a 1-8 twist. And none of them shoot as well as my present Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.....

I don't doubt you, MD. I AM not nor HAVE not attempted many things to improve the accuracy to BR level. For hunting I'm perfectly content with 120 NBT, @ 3000 fps and 3/4" O-O grouping. smile

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!