Originally Posted by montanabadger
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by qwk
There is no such thing as cheap quality factory ammo. You get what you pay for. Today's cheap factory ammo plain sucks. There is a reason that the cost is almost the same as it was 25-30 years ago.

This is hardly the case....but especially so in the 6.5 Creedmoor.
I have yet to find a factory load that exceeded the accuracy of a reload. Most use Winchester primers, which fail to fire now and again(at the worst time of course), and then some etch your bolt face when they crack around the edge. Then you add in the s h I t t y quality brass of the cheap box of shells, and cheap becomes expensive. It's kind of like how most members of the fire cannot figure out that Lapua brass is cheaper in the long run, because it lasts 3-5X longer than other brands.

This is stuff you figure out by actually shooting, instead of posting s h i t you have no clue about.

So, how much factory ammo have you actually shot? I have come across some that was superbly accurate. It wasn't expensive either, it was the cheap $hit, and some of it was from my creedmoor. But this is stuff you figure out by actually shooting, instead of posting $hit you have no clue about
Enough to know its a waste of money. What is superbly accurate mean to you? You can argue the factory ammo point all you want, but the fact remains that its rarely, if ever more accurate than handloads.