Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by MattMan
The battle is over, and Creed won this one Rocky fans.

Um, no, it didn't. If it was a clear winner, the thread wouldn't have gone on as long as it did. The Creedmoor is just the current fan fave in a long list of faves, dating back to the 1800s. It will be replaced by the next "best thing".
---

I have enjoyed the thread so far. Neither side has convinced me of its value or lack of same.

For the proponents, I'd like to hear about LR kills and/or tiny groups at 1000 yd. Less drop. Less drift. How it's doing on the LR competition scene.

For the opponents, I'd like to hear why the 6.5 Creedmoor offers no advantage over the present pack of cartridges.

For those on the fence, is there anything that might convince you, one way or the other?

Do you really make a living in this business?

If you are referring to selling articles or books, no I don't. I have rarely written for outdoor magazines. I was a military armourer and teacher for 36 years, before retiring. I have written many papers and presentations for government. I have written several books about rifles and cartridges. None of my professional experiences or credentials has anything to do with what I posted. I asked that both sides present something of value.

For the proponents, I'd like to hear about LR kills and/or tiny groups at 1000 yd. Less drop. Less drift. How it's doing on the LR competition scene.

For the opponents, I'd like to hear why the 6.5 Creedmoor offers no advantage over the present pack of cartridges.

For those on the fence, is there anything that might convince you, one way or the other?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]