Yeah, I'm getting grumpy, having patiently explained my own experience with the cartridge many times over, both on the Internet and in print--as have many other people. In fact, the abundance of evidence is apparently what sets off those who've never even fired one.

If anybody Googles a little they can come up with a bunch of info, from Wayne van Zwoll killing a bull elk at over 600 yards on video, to testimonies about how well the average factory-made 6.5 Creedmoor shoots. Yet most of the contrary evidence (including here) is that somebody has been killing deer since 1978 out to 300 yards with a (pick one) .257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 270 or other cartridge in that class, and the deer died. (Hey, I qualify for that statement too!) Consequently they're not going to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor, despite other people apparently DEMANDING they do so.

Up until yesterday I occasionally restated the reasons for the 6.5 Creedmoor's design, along with my personal experience with the four factory 6.5 Creedmoors I've owned, plus at least as many others belonging to friends. Have been testing and reporting on the 6.5 Creedmoor since 2010, when I purchased my first at a local store. These reports have appeared in magazines, on the Internet and as a chapter in THE BIG BOOK OF GUN GACK, published in 2015. A bunch of other people have also reported their results with the round, from target shooters to hunters, since it appeared in 2007.

Yet all this easily available information is apparently TOP SECRET to many Campfire members. Or maybe they simply don't have the time to do any investigating themselves, despite finding time to post many opinions on a cartridge they've never fired. God forbid they actually spend, say, $350 on an actual 6.5 Creedmoor rifle (the price I paid for my last one), or simply shoot one belonging to a friend. I can't recall all the local friends who own 'em anymore, both target shooters and hunters, and from the aforementioned e-mails I receive from my South African PH/sporting good dealer friend, Rob Klemp, that's true over there as well.

Yesterday I suddenly got grumpy, after the same 6.5 Creedmoor BS started reappearing here, often from the same people, who apparently think repeating their BS will convince the rest of the world to quit buying 6.5 Creedmoors. So I went on a rant of my own. Sorry, but I finally grew weary of being the calm reporter while so many others were ranting. Apparently I wanted to join the crowd.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck