Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

Now comes the Creedmoor. Pair it with these advances in rifle construction, and you have a winner. The barrel twist, throat, magazine length and the cartridge have come together to create that magic. We also have a lot more powder and bullet choices.

The only thing I would say is that with the Creedmoor cartridge and rifles, we have witnessed one of the few times that everyone did their part correctly and the end result came together perfectly.

You can do this with virtually any rifle cartridge now, but you will have to pay someone to change the barrel, change the throat or trigger. You can get the same performance as the Creedmoor, but at a price. Or you can simply go out and buy a rifle chamber in the 6.5 Creedmoor and be done with it. For me, this concept is what I have been screaming about for years. Give me a rifle that shoots well out of the box. One that doesn't need hundreds of dollars spent in aftermarket parts to make it better. Give me a rifle that is easy to work on, should I need to change the barrel or stock.

Well, they delivered, but I have no need for one. frown

Steve,

I hope this finds you in the process of preparing for a trip to the range or for a hunt or perhaps eating some tasty critter you "harvested".

Are you sure you don't need one? It might serve as the perfect replacement for a 30-303?

Geno

PS, thanks for the poetry and are you sure that is not a "Himalayan white yak" as opposed to a "white Himalayan yak"?

PPS are them critters special like piebald deers?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?