Creedmoor seemed to be a me-too when I first read of it but I finally had the sleek long bullet et al epiphany and it makes sense. Not that I need sleek long bullets but obviously many do and managed to pull the train of disiple hunters/funshooters along with them. That's a good thing. The .264 bullet is in general a good one in a wide weight and shape range. Since getting my then 7 yr old a Model 7 .260 in 1997 I have been a convert. But the word didn't get around very well and when it did was not well accepted. It took adoption of a purpose oriented and well marketed .264 diameter bullet plus cartridge plus rifle(s) plus ammunition to open the eyes of the great unwashed. I probably won't buy one anytime soon but many will and motivation to buy is good for the overall industry. My lust still lies with the 6.5x55 though I'm currently without, due to too much selling and too little buying. It's just too cool to leave behind. Plus there's too much .260 and Sweed paraphernalia laying around in the loading room to start over....maybe.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."