Originally Posted by Old_Crab
This thread is a very interesting read.

I think there are different reasons why a person winds up with one-or-another version of the 6.5mm cartridges.

In the last year, one of my buddies who only owned a 30-30 wanted to add a bolt-action rifle to his safe, and asked my opinion on which to buy.
I had him get a 6.5 creed, because I knew he didn't reload, and I wanted to have him save some bucks on getting a very accurate rifle that would have a good supply of decent off-the-shelf ammo in his vicinity.
He spent less that 300 bucks and has a great shooter... he is delighted.

I personally like the history behind the 6.5x55 swede, and that's what I chose to shoot... I reload, and knew that I could dial in a decent load with a modern action and good barrel.
Mission accomplished, am shooting sub MOA and like the fact that the round has been here since the 1890's....

So, different strokes for different folks.
It's all good.

I ended up buying 2 6.5's in the span of a month. The first one is an old Carl Gustav m96. However I can't run super hot loads in it, because it's an old Military rifle. Primarily the only reason the 6.5 creed outruns the Swede. This is how it does with iron sights, after I put a taller front sight blade on it:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
100 yard targets

Then I was wanting another 6.5, so I chose the Creed. Still working on breaking the barrel in and load development, but this is how it's shooting:
[Linked Image]

I think you advised your friend well. For me, I like each 6.5 equally. They serve 2 different purposes and work equally well...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA