I have bought two 6.5 x 55 rifles since the creedmoor come out. Im of the opinion, the Scandinavian is superior if you hand load. Today’s 6.5 x 55 rifles are throated long these days.I can jam these long bullets or kiss the lands if I desire,without running out of magazine length. I don’t see this as a liability. (Very far from it) The 5 gr edge in capacity is even greater when actually loaded rounds are compared. The creedmore has the bullet taking up case capacity where the 6.5 x 55 does not. The 6.5 x 55 easily outruns the creed at much lower pressure and has the potential to hit the next node if velocity is your thing.

Also the pressure ring on the bullets is seated above the case neck shoulder junction which is conducive to good accuracy. The long neck on the 6.5 x 55 also adds a lot of latitude when seating bullets as well.

With today’s bullets getting longer,more streamlined and heavier , the 6.5 x 55 just makes a lot more sense from a handloader/long range plinker....such as myself.

Of course ymmv.