Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Just boiling this down to another level, doesn't this make a case for existing cartridges and less fanfare for the 6.5 Creed? A 270. 6.5X55 and many other similar cartridges are only surpassed by intellectual philosophies based on similar differences of opinion.

A shorter action allows about 3 ounces less of metal to be used in the build of the gun and anyone that isn't capable of pulling a bolt all the way back on a 270 sized case vs a 6.5 is really a moot point. So 3 ounces in total weight becomes a factor that really isn't any more of a factor than 100 FPS.

The key ingredient that you are missing is detachable magazines.

There aren't cheap, readily available magazines for the long action. All the good magazines are based on a 308-length cartridge. Remember, the CM was designed for competition, not hunting. Competition that involves magazine changes under time constraints that leave stripper clips at a disadvantage.

I will acknowledge your point and yield to that difference, but competition isn't the only reason the 6.5 Creedmoor has been touted as the best round in 100 years. The aspect of hunting has been argued as much or more for the use of the 6.5 Creed.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.