My only problem with the Creedmoor is it’s name.

1). Swede / Creed ? Really ! 6.5 Breed, Creed, Deed, Feed, Geed, Heed, Leed, Meed, Need, Reed, Peed, Steed, Tweed, Weed, .... pick something that doesn’t ryhme.

2). It has a “I want to be a cool guy” following (see #3)

3). PRETENSIOUS *YES in cap’s

Technically it’s a good cartridge, but frankly it was built because the 6XC was blowing primers (so do 6 creed’s from what I hear)...

The funnest part of all of this —- Many of the PRS guys finally figured out “less recoil” with good velocity= better shooting... so they are moving down in cartridge volume, NOT up. So hot loading a Creed if you are competition shooter says what ? Heck the 6 dasher is now making a serious showing in PRS.

Anyway - Nothing wrong with the 6.5 Creed, especially if you want longer pills for reaching out (fitting into the magazine is always good).

I look at it like this - the 6.5x47 is a few hairs shorter than the 6.5 Creed which has a slightly thicker web area that the x47.
The 6.5 creed is a few hairs shorted than the. 260.

Commercial cartridge wise the Creed is a great thing... (except for the pretentious name that is that gathers wanta-bee’s who never develope shooting skills).

PRS and competition shooters typically have custom guns, so what cartridge we pick often has to do with what we “think” we’re lacking or will improve our game.
But like I said, the 6 dasher is replacing a bunch of creed’s on the line these days - so if it’s about shootability and accuracy... vs. best flexibility and speed with a cartridge there are options.

Yes I just said a creed kicks.... at least compared to a dasher.

Disclaimer — I shoot a 260 bolt like it was a 10/22 and can address multiple targets so for hunting I like the 260 or Creed... either are excellent, so is the Swede, and 7-08.

On the Plus side of having the “cool guy name” CREED- I get to outshoot “COOL GUYS” with a non-cool named cartridge all the time... it just makes you feel warm inside when they have what they “KNOW” is the best, but they can’t shoot with beans...

The look on thier face is priceless when you tell them - well, it can’t be the gun, that’s a creed you were shooting !!

Magic bullets ... BWAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Spotshooter; 09/20/18.