I don't own a 6.5cm yet but this is how I see it.

The 6.5cm fills the gap for a plug and go cartridge without the baggage... and maybe that's what pizzes rifle loonies off. You don't have to earn it through recoil, load development, custom chambers or mag box dimensions, twist rates etc etc to make it work. It just does.

Ya go down to the LGS, pull one off the rack, grab a couple boxes a' boolits and hit the range. With out even trying it shoots little groups and doesn't kick your wife or daughter to death. In fact the ladies like it... and the man of the house doesn't have to check his manhood at the gate when he shoots it because, well, it's just like a 6.5 Swede..and, ya know, all those moo..I mean elg they shoot over in Scandinavia....them guys are vikings!

The Swedes have an old term/word," Lagom". Basically it means "just right", or "the right amount", "in balance".
The 6.5 caliber fits the word Lagom in many ways and the 6.5 cm may just be the cartridge to match the boolit.

The CM can shoot enough bullet, fast enough from factory ammo or reloads, with the right amount of accuracy to kill game up to the size of moose and yet be a comfortable and accurate enough round for long range sessions and competitions. Oh, and the marketers know a good thing when they see it.
Lagom with no baggage.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton