Hello guys. Been a forum member since '13 but never visited the Savage sub. Never really had a need to but that changed today. I just won a GB auction for a 1949 '99R in 300 Sav. It has a Redfield receiver sight and is drilled and tapped. Would that be factory? Also there are some sling swivel studs that look much different than I'm used to. The blueing and case coloring look very, very good and there's a Lyman spacer where somebody removed the rear open sight. Anybody know where I might get an original replacement sight? The stocks look very good too, with just a slight crack on the upper left tang that I will stabilize as soon as it arrives.

The seller wants a check or money order, so it'll probably be a week or two till it arrives at my FFL. In the mean time, it looks as though there is a ton of info and knowledge here for me to start absorbing, cuz I have a feeling this is not going to be my last '99.

BTW, I paid $430 for the gun. Would this be in line for what I got or did I give too much?

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.