Originally Posted by 1899sav
To All
Ever Wonder as to How Many Savage's Still Exist? How Many
Orginal's,Untouched-Modified-Altered are around??....
Steve

Can't say it meets all the above criteria,

99G in 22SHP, ser 225XXX. Inherited on Dads passing.

Thirty something years ago I let the gun slip, it hit butt first marring the shotgun butt and taking a chip out of the stock. Figured it was a good excuse to take her down to parts for a cleaning, got it back together except for the butt plate, front blade and wood chip. Wanted to smooth and straighten the plate and polish the bead.

Mom came through and cleaned my room. Not sure what happened to the butt plate, she said she thought the front sight was just a little piece of metal ....

Filed a front blade out of a nickel. Rear sight is a Marble flip down. Peeps gone when either Dad or the previous owner had the rifle fit for a Weaver K4 using a Redfield Jr. scope block.

Want to replace the rear stock. It's about 3 inches too short and my thumb punching me in the nose is a bit too much of a distraction.

Been thinking of having a 30-30 barrel made for a couple of decades now. 30-30 cartridge will fit the rotary, and the 30-30 is the right era so the action won't be stressed.

Yeah, she likes to push primers a little so she is effectively retired. Unless I absolutely need it.

The Tea Party: An American Political Party based on a 4th grade understanding of History.