Do not know if I am doing this correct. First time on site and do not know how I got here. Was looking up information on some of my Dad's older guns. Trying to find a value and a good home.Started by looking up H & R Arms, as this is on a 16 guage that I was told was hand made, but that seems unlikely. Serial no.A49730. Could not find adate of manufacture. Dad born 1922 died 1997.Assume 1930's as he had it before his Savage, still here and in a case.It's a 99 Serial no.402997.The story goes on that one that Grandpa new and hunted with some members of the Savage Family. He lived in Galeton PA. As a 19th birthday present to Dad they help him get this, as most of their work was going over seas for the war.Have another 16 guage with Eastern Arms on it,and what I believe was his first gun, 22 single shot bolt action .22 that say Ranger on it.They (sons) were not allowed anything but sinlgle shot,You missed the animal won,you wounded you learn to shot straighter as you could be in the woods for a long time to find that animal and make it right.How to I go about finding a good home? As I do not know how I got here my personnal email :moparsanddinersyahoo.com Make sure you are behind the stock and what is out in front before you use the trigger!