Hello again from Arkansas...I found an original rifle butt stock with its matching number crescent butt plate, 0nly about 20,000 newer than my rifle. It has had a hard life, wood screws and glue to a large crack in the usual spot, and a small bit of wood missing, serviceable and not out of keeping with the overall look of the old girl. Got a Marble S1 folder tang sight, sent it to Mike in MI to repair. Got a Marbles windage adjustable folding rear sight to replace the Savage fixed one, now have to figure out what height front sight to put on, will also be Marbles to keep a 'set' of pieces. I think an ivory bead, but how tall?
Before I got the rifle butt, I had the existing butt off, found that it was a short bolt stock, with a long stock bolt. Mostly friction holding things together! Ordered a short bolt, and found that the new stock bolt was .004" fatter in the thread. Right pitch, but no go. I made a spacer to use the long bolt in the short hole stock - cut down a AA Maglite barrel, fits fine, now that I don't need it. The original bolt is right for the rifle butt. Not sure what I will do with the commercial butt. Now if weather and things cooperate, I need to get out to the range and make bangs.

I don't have too many guns, I just need a bigger safe.