My Savage 99 EG .300 was handed down to me by my dad. It appears to be stock except for an aftermarket rubber buttplate. The Marble sight appears to be original. It was the rifle he carried every day on our families sheep ranch. The ranch is now part of the Hells Canyon National Recreation Area on the Snake River in Idaho. It is still a three day hike to get to the remains of the cabin he was raised in but when I go back I will carry and trust the same rifle he did. My rifle is not a show gun but of my 5 or 6 rifles the Savage is the one I would choose if I could only have one. The balance is superb and my accuracy with it says a hell of a lot more about the gun than my accuracy. With the Savage I can quickly blast a milk jug At 100 yards on my first shot, but using my CETME it may be on the second or third shot. The Savage just feels like part of me when I shoot it. Having a gun you trust and can shoot well trumps having a pretty stock and perfect blueing any day. Rifle serial #7487xx