I'm the new guy looking through all of this old stuff. A lot of great answers and ideas. But you have to look at it from a Savage corporate perspective. If they came out with a new 99 (and I've heard the engineers are considering it) they would have to sell guns... a lot of guns to make it work financially. I'm with you guys on the nostalgia of the old calibers, but how may people are going to by a new 99 in 25-35 or 32-40? Us 50 guys maybe...that is about it. If there ever is a new 99 it's going to be 223, 243, 7mm-08, 308 and some if not all of the WSM's. Yeah, Ho hum, I know. But, that is our reality. The best we could hope for is a yearly "classic" model, much like Remington did all of those years. Then we could get some of the more classic calibers we are most familiar with. Randy

Last edited by 99guy; 06/13/09.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~