I had the same problem with this company. Ordered a pair of binoculars on Jan 1 and the charge showed up on my card the next day. After a week of waiting I starated trying to call and email, they said they had a back order issue and was working on it. I checked with the binocular mfg and found that model had been discontinued for over a year but O&A still had it for sale. I emailed them again and they said would you like store credit so I asked for a specific rifle scope and they replied the next day that it was not available. So I started calling and emailing every few days for a refund to my credit card. They replied they could not do that because they changed credit card processors. This went on for almost 2 months. Finally I got with my credit card company and they reversed charges within a day.

Check out this BBB site:
gohttps://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/profile/online-retailer/opticsandammo-llc-0915-90049984/complaints

The owners name is Christopher Eustice

I suggest you call the Houston Attorney General Office/Police Dept. and report fraud. i did.

Keep this thread going guys

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box