Originally Posted by FieldBandit
Any updates on the Vortex case?

Also a new reddit thread has appeared: https://www.reddit.com/r/InStockAmmo/comments/kp9pia/psa_do_not_buy_from_opticsandammocom/

From that Reddit link is a link to a court case-

https://casetext.com/case/eustice-v-la-through-bd-of-supervisors-of-la-state-univ-agric-mech-coll

nonstop hilarity

Originally Posted by from the link above

Plaintiff's inappropriate correspondence was filed in the record under seal as Exhibits A-E to the LSU Defendants' opposition brief. (R. Doc. 110). The LSU Defendants aptly summarize the irrelevant, unsolicited, and harassing correspondence from Plaintiff as follows:

• "During the period October 8-26, 2019, [Plaintiff] sent a series of e-mails to counsel for the defendants in which he discussed the size of his genitalia, claimed he had been sexually harassed about the size of his genitalia after his arrest, and forwarded links to multiple articles about the size of male genitalia. Exhibit A."

• "On September 6, 2019, [Plaintiff] e-mailed the attorneys representing the LSU Defendants a link to a story about a man having sex with pool noodles. Exhibit B. On another occasion (dating back to the period of time before he was represented by counsel), he e-mailed a link to a story about a man who pressured a town into repairing its pot holes by spray-painting male genitalia on the pot holes."

• "On September 5, 2019, [Plaintiff] used e-mail to forward to the attorneys representing the LSU Defendants a lengthy and sexually-graphic text message exchange he had with a friend of his. The text-message exchange is mostly a series of texts from Mr. Eustice with very little response from his friend, who did comment at one point that 'you're a weird f**king dude.' Exhibit C."

• "During the month of August 2019, [Plaintiff] sent the attorneys for the LSU Defendants a series of bizarre e-mails with photographs of persons in hospital beds suffering from ailments associated with vaping. Exhibit D."

• "[Plaintiff] periodically sends e-mails with screen-prints and information he obtained from the Facebook pages of the defense attorneys (all while ironically insisting he is innocent of cyberstalking). Exhibit E."

• "[Plaintiff] routinely sends e-mails about the National Football League and the performance of his favorite teams. He also routinely sends e-mails with photographs of President Trump, Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and other politicians and celebrities."

Several of Plaintiff's emails inappropriately highlight his attraction to Ms. Martter and Ms. Hadden through discussions of their physical appearances and his own physique:

• February 21, 2020, at 12:52 a.m. - "As many of you are aware, John Murrill has made a habit of being dishonest in his frivolous pleadings. Among his extremely absurd claims is that I was obsessed with Megan Martter. I would hope my lack of serious interest in her would be clear from my texts and emails. Megan is cute, but I am far from obsessed with her." (R. Doc. 145-1 at 17).

• February 22, 2020, at 10:03 pm - "I'm also 6 feet 3 in. tall while Megan is around 5 feet tall. It's a pretty big height difference. It's not easy to make that work. I am into taller women as I am a rather large individual and being a semi professional bodybuilder means that I am also more well suited with taller women because I can still easily lift a woman who is taller than I am. There is this 6 foot 5 inch tall Polish girl who always works out at my gym and I think I should ask her out on a date but I don't really know her." (R. Doc. 145-1 at 17).

• February 22, 2020, at 10:41 pm - I also want to mention that I prefer women who have lighter colored eyes. I have blue eyes. I really prefer women with blue eyes. Megan has brown eyes. But there are still some women out there with brown eyes who are very attractive to me. Allison Brassette is very attractive and significantly taller than Megan Martter. I can send you over a years [sic] worth of text messages that can prove Allison was my girlfriend from Fall 2017 to January 2019. Why would I be obsessed with Megan Martter as you falsely allege? Lauren Hadden is also a very attractive example of a tall woman with brown eyes. She kept glancing over at me in court and I think she was checking me out, but I'm not sure." (R. Doc. 145-1 at 16-17).