Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Why would anyone expect actors to know even basic gun safety? They're actors, and 99% probably aren't gun owners or have firearms experience. They are paid to pretend for a living...

Yep. Especially asswipes like Baldwin.

Someone on the other thread today posted that Baldwin’s old man was a former Marine and Coach of the HS Rifle Team where Baldwin grew up. Don’t know if that’s true or not, but If that’s the case, surely his old man would have taught him basic gun safety. Apparently it didn’t take.

But in my way of thinking, 99 % of the liability’s in this case fall on the Set’s Armorer. Who’s main job is to keep everyone on the Set safe, and make sure there’s no live ammo ANYWHERE on the damned set. And that the guns are SAFE before the actors or anybody handles them.

Like I mentioned before, sounds to me like she was neither experienced or confident. And the last person that should have been in charge of the Firearms, Real or Fake on that set.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~