You get a movie like “The Patriot” or “The Alamo”. You got a large contingent of reenactors on the set with their own weapons, clothing, and accoutrements! You also have a large number of extras to fill in. They show up with only the clothes on their back. They go thru wardrobe and props for their stuff. These off the street types are the ones you have to watch out for. They pull all manner of schidt. Some totally unintentional while others are trying to get on camera. Most of these guys have never fired a firearm let alone a muzzleloader. Many are set back and told don’t come back tomorrow

I was on one set, big time production about 20 years ago and they handed out the extras those damn Cecil B. Demille Trapdoor Springsfields that were used in everything from Beau Geste to Gone With The Wind. Right before we were to make this big assault, kid standing behind me standing there with his trapdoor and one ctg. And a bewildered look on his face and says, "can someone show me how to use this thing???"

Last edited by kaywoodie; 11/01/21.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS