Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by Longbob
I know I would and I also know that after "checking" it to verify the condition I still would not point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot.

That is the responsibility of EVERY person that has a firearm in his or her hand regardless of whether it is a movie set or not.

Wouldn't make much of an actor if you refuse to point your gun towards the bad guys or the camera grin I guess you wouldn't put your finger on the trigger, either.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

From the link I posted. You can draw you own conclusions.

“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,” Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told The Post.

Baldwin, 63, fired a prop gun that killed Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured the film’s director, Joel Souza, on the “Rust” set in Santa Fe, NM, on Thursday.

For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted. Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/