Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Finally! Common sense.

Now all you guys making excuses for “Alec” can quit kissing his royal a$$ and admit that he pointed it at her in violation of establish procedures, and loaded or not, if he hadn’t disregarded established safety protocols she would be alive today.

Baldwin is responsible, period.

You don't know what established procedures are.

Tell us about your experience on set with firearms, loads and actors... And how directors set up scenes.

I don't know Bryan Carpenter, but I've seen enough film making to know that what he said fits sometimes, and doesn't most of the time. But if he'd been the armorer on Rust, the woman would probably still be alive, because no live ammo would have been in that gun, or anywhere near the set.

A Hollywood safety expert, Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told the New York Post that “loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,”

Carpenter said that guns used in either film or TV productions are not usually pointed at an actor, crew member or equipment, but rather at a dummy point.

As far as I've read, nobody is making excuses for Baldwin. Those who know, know that he's not 100% to blame. He adds to that blame by hiring the snowflake idiot who doesn't know her way around guns, and had not safety procedures on the set.

So, after multiple unintended discharges on the set of Rust, is the reasonable man standard going to apply to a jury?

I would argue that, no, it doesn't. A reasonable person wouldn't blindly trust the people's that screwed up twice already, because a REASONABLE MAN would realize industry protocols were obviously not being adhered to on the set.

LOL. They’d have to establish that Baldwin is “reasonable”

Good luck on that one.😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~