Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by HitnRun
This whole thread is an indicator of just how screwed up this country is. If gun people can't agree, how do you expect any justice comes from this whole affair.

1 Alec Baldwin is a puke
2 Alec Baldwin shot the cinematographer
3 Halyna Hutchins is dead
4 The gun and ammunition was mishandled by more than one person

The result of this mess will end up in a long debate, Alec Baldwin will join O.J. Simpson in a shrouded event that will ultimately get him off due to celebrity status and life will go on without the cinematographer.

Alec Baldwin may be the biggest arsehole in the world, yet gun safety is the responsibility of the armorer and actors are paid to point guns at each other and pull triggers

Why are you still pushing that moronic bullschit? If I handed you a pistol and you knew you had to point it at a person would you check it yourself first? Or would you trust me to make sure it was unloaded for you? You Aussies are an odd bunch.

Actors are not necessarily competent with guns, yet their job description involves pointing guns at others and pulling triggers.....which is why they hire a safety officer, an armorer who's job description involves gun safety.

A current armorer for Hollywood disagrees with you.

A Hollywood safety expert, Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services told the New York Post that “loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,”

Carpenter said that guns used in either film or TV productions are not usually pointed at an actor, crew member or equipment, but rather at a dummy point.

“You never let the muzzle of a weapon cover something you don’t intend to destroy. All guns are always [considered] loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.”

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...y-single-rule-of-gun-safety-experts-say/

I wouldn't trust Baldwin with a gun on or off set....nor any actor. Whether you find some armorer who agrees or disagrees, it is the job of an armorer to ensure that there is no live ammo on site and that all guns are safe before being handed to an actor....any actor, any movie set, no live ammo, all guns checked.

No where in my post did I say I trust anyone at any point in the chain of custody of the guns. In fact, that is exactly the same message that a current professional armorer along with other armorers, actors, producers, etc....are saying. No matter how many safety procedures and how professional the armorer is you still don't point the gun at anything you don't want to destroy. That message came from an armorer as I quoted. There is nothing in their safety procedures that overrides muzzle control.

It appears that you are the one that is trusting the armorer over muzzle control. Your posts read that way. Current professional armorers and myself completely disagree. This is why I say Baldwin along with the armorer at a minimum are responsible for the death of that woman in my opinion. There may be others once the investigation is finished, but doesn't guarantee any of them will be charged.

Actors are not necessarily gun savvy, own or shoot guns....they act. They play parts according to a script. Guns on set are not supposed to be shooting live ammo.