I said in a previous post that I know nothing about how movies are made, or if any type of firearms training is given to actors and cast members.
I will say that with my own background in gun and shooting sports, every single gun that enters my hands, under any circumstances, is immediately physically cleared by me. Don’t matter if I just watched the guy on the other side of the counter do it. Don’t matter my buddy closes a single shot trap gun and hands it to me. To not do so would seem sorta sacrilegious to me.
I’ve also stated that in my mind there’s plenty of blame to go around.
The armorer surely, she failed her responsibility.
If the assistant director picked the gun off a cart (as statements say) and handed it to Baldwin without checking and announced it “a cold gun”, he was negligent as well.
And I don’t care who you are or how little training you have around guns; ANY adult should know you do not point a gun at another person unless you’re prepared to do that person harm.
So my question, for those who have a little experience in films is this.
With your knowledge of film making, how much blame do you place on each of these people?
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden