This from “MosesTheTank” over in the ‘hide:

Hollywood agrees with you. They have always said the rules don't apply to them. Below are the rules germane to this conversation. Everyone who puts their hands on a firearm is responsible for following them, not the person who handed it to you. Because you are a celebrity does not mean you get to outsource personal responsibility, in spite of what you and your fans think. Thinking you bear no personal responsibility for the firearm in your hand is a reason you should not have a firearm in your hand. Single action pistols have been killing people for a long time. Knowledge about how to check them and their ammunition has been around for about the same period of time. If it's "too difficult", then maybe you shouldn't handle one.

It does not matter what group of people have ignored these rules, no matter their state of celebretorial grace, or for how many decades they have shucked all personal responsibility. This is how Mr. Baldwin killed someone. Not he and not anyone is above the rules.

1. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FIREARM POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.

2. TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY WERE LOADED.

3. KEEP YOUR TRIGGER FINGER OUTSIDE THE GUARD AND OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.

4. BE CERTAIN OF YOUR TARGET, YOUR LINE OF FIRE, AND WHAT LIES BEYOND YOUR TARGET.

I like to think I can comprehend the above four rules. Mr. Baldwin broke all four of them, according to my understanding.

Finally, did people actually die as a result of your childhood cowboys and Indian games???

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.