Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Proggies are now calling for Elon Musk to shut off all Teslas in Russia. And it could be done with the flip of a switch.

This brings me to a thought or two. I’ve kind of stayed away from saying stuff about Putin fighting the globalists and all that. I don’t think Putin is a hero or a good guy. On the other hand, all the people that hate him are the ones who hate me. And all the things they are trying to do him and his entire country are the exact same things Trudeau tried to do to those truckers in Canada.

Which brings me to a point. If Putin felt that things in his country were approaching a point of no return to where everything his people relied upon for daily living was controlled by foreigners who everyday tell everyone how much they hate Russians, and that his people would increasingly come under the thumbs of these foreigners, and in future times find themselves absolutely beholden to these foreigners, would he not be justified to take action to stop it. And if he felt an invasion of a small country next door was what it took, would he not be justified?

I don’t know if Putin cares for the average Russian and I don’t know if he is doing this for some selfless reason, but I wish at some point some American leader had stood up for us against some of these same people and systems now trying to crush Putin and Russia.

I don’t know and I don’t care about Ukraine. They can all die as far as I’m concerned. And anyone trying to get us into that war from Zelensky to some Proggies on Twitter should go to hell. I have a daughter. That’s who I care about.

I don't think Elon Musk, who is libertarian, would do so. He sold them those cars and that shouldn't have conditions. Its their property. Refusing them new purchases is one thing, but sabotaging existing cars is another and that is a line that shouldn't be crossed.

I think its a poor comparison to say that attacking Ukraine is how to "save Russia from the Globalists", and it would not be justified anymore than me killing you because "maybe it will stop somebody down the road from doing something". Lots of ifs here.

Obviously Putin doesn't care for the average Russian. He's a dictator that kills his own people for political opposition, silences media, and has now begun isolating the country by controlling all information in and all information out.

You really don’t have any idea what Putin’s cares or motivations are. But everything in your last paragraph is done by our government here that you willingly work for. So, STFU you bloodthirsty coqsmoker.

That really the best you have? Putin has stated his motivations. And I'm bloodthirsty? Ummm, I'm not the one that advocates Russia invading other countries.

Our government kills and imprisons political opposition. It silences and controls media. And they control and manipulate information. And yet, you work for it and make your living off the backs of the oppressed who are forced to support it.

Speculation. No, I don't make my living "off the backs of the oppressed". I serve the population.

Let’s make income taxes voluntary for next few years and see if the populace still desires your “service”.