Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by kingston

Loosing the dollar is what's at risk when the US pushes all in. The last two decades of US Russian foreign policy too often benefited short term special interests over the interests of American citizens. These policies thrust Russia into China's open arms and are a obvious mistake.

Who said the US should push "all in"?

No one that I know of and certainly not me.

Okay.

Why are you talking about "the risk when the US pushes all in" when we agree nobody smart is advocating that course of action?

I think we should agree there is a very real risk if the USA lets a thug like Putin threaten Nuke War to get concessions.

He won't stop, ever.

You asked, "Who said the US should push "all in"?"

I answered, "No one that I know of and certainly not me."

'should' being the operative term.

Regarding Putin threatening nuclear war, regardless of what's said (and I don't know what's been said), Russia's mere existence as a nuclear power implies the threat of nuclear war. The neocon hawk warmonger's count on this. It's why they've been pushing for a nuclear Iran. The greater the perceived threat (in the populace/on the street) the more the world spends on defense—an industry particularly adept at lobbying their interest. It's also why George W. pulled the US out of The Antiballistic Missile Treaty in in 2001.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty