Originally Posted by k22hornet
About 26 years ago, my son, age 4years and 6 days old, had a series of open heart surgeries, 3 over a period of 20 days. The 1st surgery was the only one scheduled, the other 2 had to be done because the 1st did not work.

His vital signs were crashing on that Saturday morning, and the surgeon told us they had to operate now, or we will lose him.

During the surgery, a nurse, kept coming out to keep us informed. At one point she tells us they are having a difficult time getting him off the heart/lung machine, which is not a good thing.

Finally, he is off that machine and they bring him to ICU. As the days progress, and he gets better, we notice he has an imaginary playmate, named Alex. He tells us Alex is another little boy who had heart surgery, and Alex follows us home. We were in the hospital for 52 days.

3 months after we get home, Alex is still around by the way, and my son, who is playing Legos, looks up at his Mom and says, "Mommy, I know what it feels like to die". Stunned, she asks him about it, and he tells her the story of God kidnapping him, and walking down a hallway, with other people around. My wife asks him what does God look like, and he says 'Sunny'. He said that while he and God were walking, God stopped and told him 'it's time for you to go home. Tell your Mommy your not going to die'. And then he goes back to playing Legos, like nothing happened.

He brought it up one more time, about a month later, and never again. He is 30yo now, and doesn't remember anything of what he said.

At 4 years of age, he had the 'classic' NDE, floating over the operating table seeing himself being operated on, which is where Alex most likely came from, seeing other people in a bright tunnel and walking with God, the 'sunny' light.

I used to think that adult NDE's were influenced by reading of NDE's, thereby perpetuating them.

But, here I had a just turned 4yo who could not read, and nobody ever talked to him about dying, and he has an NDE.

I Believe.

The adult NDE can be explained away by education of religion. I get that. I understand that. ITs not what I choose to believe. But I get it that its possible.

The kids that have NO clue, those I can't explain away.... and my seeing the hell death, I have ZERO doubts.

When my father was dying at home, slowly and painfully, we kept urging him to go home. He kept saying his home( what does the bible actually say, home,room etc...) was not ready yet. And he spoke of his deceased sibling at the time.

And then one day, he says, and not in a coherent state mostly anymore at that time, out of the blue, we were not talking about this, I think not talking any at all right then... My house is ready.

It was less than 24 hours later he died. And within 2 hours of his death, I saw, or at least I'm convinced I saw, his spirit moving from the hall to the dining room. I was not looking, but caught it out of the corner of my eye. He was no longer with us, he was in cheney stokes breathing, and I may have "seen" something that was not, but I am fairly sure it was what I saw as I was not grieving at that time, but actually praying for him to be out of pain... Obviuosly I did grieve greatly after the fact......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....