I do volunteer work with many Wounded Warriors from the Army & Marines. After getting to know many of the more severely wounded I have heard stories of after death experiences. Virtually all of them have similarities. One is especially intriguing & was a life charging experience for the sergeant involved. While traveling with his sniper team in a Humvee they were next to a large IED when the explosion occurred killing everyone, but the sergeant. With massive injuries including having his face blown off he went into cardiac arrest. A medic pulled him from the burning wreckage & revived him. While being transported in a helicopter he again went into cardiac arrest & was revived. In both instances he remembers floating into a bright light & having the feeling of total peace & then suddenly being pulled back. His next encounter with death is even more startling. Upon arrival at the medical center in Germany surgery was underway when his heart stopped again. He remembers looking down on himself on the operating table & recalls everything the doctors & nurses discussed & later confirmed with them. Several attempts to resuscitate him failed & finally one doctor was ready to pronounce him dead. A second doctor decided to make one more attempt & finally got some heart activity. While all this was going on he experienced the bright light again, but this time he was floating above a river of fire & saw the ugliest being he had ever experienced sitting on some sort of a rock formation. Next he had the sensation of floating & recalled every slight & sin he had committed in his life. He also recalled every evil thing anyone had ever done to them & forgave them. He experienced a feeling of total peace & being forgiven for his sins & forgiving any that had been committed toward him. The feeling of total happiness & bliss was over powering. Suddenly he was whisked back into a bring light & recalls someone stating that they now had heart activity. He was eventually flown to Walter Reed still in critical condition. He face was reconstructed after 15 operations & while not a monster is horribly disfigured. He has an artificial eye, is disfigured, & has other medical issues to deal with, but has dedicated his life to God. I had the privilege of assisting him on several hunts. I have no idea what his after death experiences mean, but I am confident they occurred.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?