Originally Posted by Strick9
I have met the maker and returned. I am by no means a perfect man and have always struggled with faith and full belief until my experience. I am very scientifically minded and believe in the Big Bang theory and evolution. I just simply believe that its scientific mans best solution to Gods works. In other words God made it so , doesn't matter to me what you call it or label it to me. Some are just looking to create something tangible as they search for answers that hopefully will lead that person to the real discovery.

I have also always known that the colors found in Mother Nature alone, be it a butterfly, a sunset or a blue sky and green leaves left something more than science could fully explain. I get all the science behind it but why/how it is so beautifully put together never made sense scientifically.

My time came while practicing for a free diving spearfishing competition. I blacked out at the 4 minute mark right as the back of my head broke the surface. My partner thought I had taken a breath and was doing another breath hold. I hadn't gotten to take that breath.

Another 4 minutes into my submersion something literally struck my partner and said "go get him". I was underwater for an estimated 8 plus minutes. When brought up and put on the deck I obviously wasn't breathing nor was there a pulse of any sort whatsoever. The water temp was 72 degrees and I was 42 years old at the time.

After several minutes of compression I took my first breath. Within another couple of minutes I was up and walking. On the way to the hospital in the back of the ambulance things got bad for me. It seems I had aspirated several times flooding both lobes of both lungs as my diaphram continued to pump water into my lungs. At first I didn't want to go the the hospital but the EMT convinced me otherwise. On the way I coughed up almost a full five gallon bucket of frothy blood.

Now during this time of black out and near death or death whatever you want to call it I was upon a mountain, the sky was brilliantly lit with stars. The wind was gently blowing and the air was crisp and cool. Gods hand was upon my shoulder as he stood beside me but over me.

I felt nothing but love, tranquility and peace. It was by far the most peaceful and happy moment of my entire life. I still don't know why he sent me back. I have never feared death to begin with but now I know the real truth, have complete and undoubting faith and thank the Lord several times a day for the forgiveness and the beauty that he has allowed us all.

I am by no means rushing to get there again as I know its in his hands. I continue to try to touch as many lives as possible when their ears are looking for answers.

I am also still a heathen and sinner of sorts but as my buddy put it what better place is there to fish for the willing than in a pond of heathens. Stay well folks.

So to those who are about to loose a loved one or have already done so please know that they are in a state of grace like no other I have ever known to this day.

Wow!!! Amazing!!! Keep sharing that good news!!!