Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Thanks for overtaking and ruining a great thread, again. You just can't help taking a shlt on any thread dealing with religion or afterlife can you?

How,
By taking you out of your comfort zone and making you think?

That, is the ultimate condescension, right there. That implies that "believers" are not thinkers, that they have not delved deeply into the subject matter already without you and are incapable of reaching the same conclusion you have.

You keep berating and jumping into matters that only serve to drive others away. You are not "enlightening" anyone on the subject of faith, you are only acting in a selfish, arrogant manner.

Ed

Ed, that post was directed to Ace in the context of his earlier post where he declared:
"My faith coupled with my experiences aren't up for debate. I'm glad I have the faith that I do. I wish everyone had it."

So, yes, I was calling him out on his previous statement that he didn't want to apply logic or reason to his faith, nor seek the truth, but just believe what he wanted to believe, because he wanted to believe.

In contrast I've always considered you a pretty thoughtful guy, and not necessarily one who would consider that a shoe he could wear.

Besides, as Christians go, I tend to see you in the mold of Scott and Rost. Mistaken on the facts, but critical enough you are not hurting anyone in the process.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell