Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You might want to be careful with that.

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Or for those who prefer the King James language:

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Well said Jim.

One more question for those who "don't believe" or maybe still have a little doubt about the Christian thing. Let's say that Ringman, myself, Jim, Doc, and the millions of others in the world and on the Fire who not only believe in the God [the demons do that much....and "shudder"], but serve Him our entire lives. Let's say you [non believer] spend your entire life not believing, serving, and even putting down those who do. In the end, let's say you are right and we are wrong. What do WE have to lose? All we have done is lived the best life ever...a clean life...a life of fellowship with others, faith beyond ourselves, etc etc. But what if we are right and you are wrong? What do you have to lose?

It's the 'Christians' that think non-believers can't and don't live the best life ever, a clean life of fellowship with others that cracks me up.

Steelhead, it was a pleasure meeting you at the Hog Hunt. I hope you are still finding the good fishing holes. I am new to the campfire and I'm realizing just how easy it is to word something wrong or come off as a know it all. I don't know if you have the "best life ever". I am just passionate about my faith and could not imagine living this life without God at the center or the promise of everlasting life. Thanks for your feedback.