Ed,

Unfortunately, that is what the vast majority of religious people do...try 'prove' their FAITH using empirical arguments and as you said (and Sniper, myself and every other skeptic I've read) that doesn't work.

Matter of fact, the whole idea of Christian 'apologetics' is really a paradox. Someone once said that apologetics arent for convincing the skeptical but for making the believer feel better...

There also seems to be a giant gap in the knowledge of what and how skeptics think and a decided cognitive dissonance on the part of believers leading to a projection of their intellectual missteps onto the skeptic.

But more on that later....its been a loong week at work (had to work today) and I'm tired.

Stay tuned for an 'Advice to Christians' thread. Perhaps it will clear some things up amongst ourselves.... smile

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...