Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Ringman
Snake River Marksman,
I just wish I could get past the "big business" attitude of most of the major religions/churches. I believe in God, I just don't believe in the religions as they are run today.

Being a part of organized religion will not prevent God from sending you to Hell. God gets real edgy about folks rejecting His Gift of His Son. You can not be good enough to get past God's anger of you rejecting His Gift of His Son. Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. While you're at it, ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit.

There is not always a feeling accompanying this prayer. Sometimes there is. The feeling is not what saves; accepting God's Gift of His Son saves from the bondage of sin now and eternal punishment later.

" . . . Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. . ."

So I understand you to say that receiving this Free Gift (Jesus) is conditional, correct? You have to do something? Correct?

So exactly what do you have to do? Is there a specific "word formula" someone has to recite to receive this free gift? If so what is it and where did you discover it? What about people who cannot speak? If this "free gift" is really "free," you would think that it would be unconditional.

Ask and you will receive.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.