Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Thanks for overtaking and ruining a great thread, again. You just can't help taking a shlt on any thread dealing with religion or afterlife can you?

How,
By taking you out of your comfort zone and making you think?

That, is the ultimate condescension, right there. That implies that "believers" are not thinkers, that they have not delved deeply into the subject matter already without you and are incapable of reaching the same conclusion you have.

You keep berating and jumping into matters that only serve to drive others away. You are not "enlightening" anyone on the subject of faith, you are only acting in a selfish, arrogant manner.

Ed

Sigh, I know better, but ............

Ed, my Brother, I'm quoting, but please don't take offense as I'm not directing the response towards you, just a point within. Understand that I'm speaking from the position of a Christian (though "only" a Catholic so I don't qualify as such with some of the "Christian Experts") who is DONE with organized religion due, in great part, to folks baring a striking philosophical resemblance to some posters.

I enjoy reading these " discussions" right up to the point of condescension. Unfortunately, each "side" wants to point that finger. Does AS reach that point.......absolutely. Generally, though, it's after the "ignorant unbeliever" schit gets dropped.

I know what I believe but, conversely, I am a facts/logic type. I've reconciled my beliefs with the fact that the Bible is mans' translation. What do I KNOW about the afterlife? Jackshit, and I'm fine with that. I'll live my life according to my moral compass regardless of whether my beliefs are right or wrong. "Super-Christians" preaching known "facts" to the ignorant......that's where I get off the theological bus.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�