Originally Posted by NH K9
Sigh, I know better, but ............

Ed, my Brother, I'm quoting, but please don't take offense as I'm not directing the response towards you, just a point within. Understand that I'm speaking from the position of a Christian (though "only" a Catholic so I don't qualify as such with some of the "Christian Experts") who is DONE with organized religion due, in great part, to folks baring a striking philosophical resemblance to some posters.

I enjoy reading these " discussions" right up to the point of condescension. Unfortunately, each "side" wants to point that finger. Does AS reach that point.......absolutely. Generally, though, it's after the "ignorant unbeliever" schit gets dropped.

I know what I believe but, conversely, I am a facts/logic type. I've reconciled my beliefs with the fact that the Bible is mans' translation. What do I KNOW about the afterlife? Jackshit, and I'm fine with that. I'll live my life according to my moral compass regardless of whether my beliefs are right or wrong. "Super-Christians" preaching known "facts" to the ignorant......that's where I get off the theological bus.

George

You and I are at the exact same point with the distinction that I've never been a Catholic. I HAVE been to a Mass. Does that count? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell