I find it interesting that those who complain about dissent on religious threads are always those with the least to offer in terms of cogent arguments. Plainly apparent on this thread and every other 'religious' topic on the fire.

This who wish to commune in an echo chamber may either start a group PM or, perhaps, start their own website with totalitarian control over who posts and what.

I will say I like Doc R and most of his posts. When I made some points in the original timeline of this thread he admitted he didn't have all the answers. He also admitted the problems pointed out in the article I posted on Ebeneezer's book (while that link was met with thunderous silence from the peanut gallery).

Having said that, with all due respect to the Doc I thnk his choice of thread title was Bullschit. He didn't ask, "is hell real?' He stated it was and then referenced what is inescapable in Christian theology--namely, that those who don't ascribe to the beliefs of the Christian theology will be tortured forever in said Hell.

If hell were just a 'neutral' topic like, say, 'is the .270 gay?', laugh then it would be a harmless, and lighthearted, discussion. But, alas, telling me or any one else that it's Yahweh or the Highway (to hell) begs for some response.

As has been said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and one constant point of NDE is that there is NO constants. So several anecdotes that happen to support your presuppositions do not truth make.

At least Antlers tries to make serious arguments for his position and Rich, kooky as he can be (still love ya buddy!) laugh is consistent in his biblical literalism. (Btw, speaking of archaeology Rich, research Jericho--dating proved that it would've been a pile of rubble by the time Josh got there, according to the bible timeline).

All that to say that Sniper, myself and anyone who wishes to, can and will continue to hold your religious feet to the skeptical fire. After all, you are commanded to be 'ready to give an answer' ... smile

Next up...perhaps a new thread on people I call 'practical atheists'. Folks who are basically moral, honest people but who really don't behave like Jesus or follow his commands.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...