Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by toad
I'd say, if you don't want to discuss your faith, don't post about it on an outdoors forum where there are different opinions on the subject...

Does that mean that if you are not ready to argue incessantly you should keep your mouth shut and never discuss anything in public?

I'd say that was coercion. That ideology is meant to deter people you may disagree with from having a conversation with like-minded people. If you don't agree, STFU and move on.

Antelope Sniper and a couple of others, such as yourself, don't like the subject, so you try to make it as uncomfortable as possible for people to have a discussion.

THAT, is juvenile. Childish, not child-like.

If you really don't like the subject, ignore the post or put the poster on "ignore", that way you won;t be tortured with another person's epistemology.

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you read the posts. You have no valid point.

Ed

Actually Ed, you are wrong.

I enjoy the subject, I just have a different perspective then you. I find it interesting that you seen to think freedom of expression on this subject only belongs to the believers, and that you should have some right to exclude those who see the world differently.

If you really have the facts on your side I wouldn't expect you to mind a little debate. If on the other hand, if all you have is faith despite evidence to the contrary, you might not like it when presented with the contrary evidence. But if you actually care about the truth, why would you abject to evidence?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell