Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Actually Ed, you are wrong.

I enjoy the subject, I just have a different perspective then you. I find it interesting that you seen to think freedom of expression on this subject only belongs to the believers, and that you should have some right to exclude those who see the world differently.

Nope, I think Rick's idea of a site that validates and supports the First Amendment should remain open to any and ALL ideas and points of view. It's the way you continue to come across with your epistemology that I find objectionable.

If you really have the facts on your side I wouldn't expect you to mind a little debate. If on the other hand, if all you have is faith despite evidence to the contrary, you might not like it when presented with the contrary evidence. But if you actually care about the truth, why would you abject to evidence?

I do not have all of the facts, no one does. The matter of debating is a wonderful thing. If we didn't think through the issues we encounter in life, we wouldn't last long. People have very different ideas of things because of their life experiences and their upbringing and I am always questioning and trying to learn everything I can.

The issue here is what are described as physical, psychological, and sociological "facts" cannot be compared to "faith". It's like comparing apples and granite.

I cannot brow-beat you into accepting Christ as the risen Son of God any more than you can brow-beat anyone here into denying their faith.

Which brings me back to my question; Why do you do keep doing this?

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/24/16. Reason: corrected pisspoor typing

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell