Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Very well said Ed! I was babtized Catholic and raised Lutheran, although I occasionally went to mass with my dad or godparents I grew up as and was confirmed Lutheran. Growing up I had friends of all faiths and at various times throughout my life I had the opportunity to attend their services with them. Those Faith's were varied and ranged from Mormons to Babtists and everything in between. When I'd ask my Mom if I could miss church to go with a friend to theirs Mom always said yes. Mom lived a very Christian life and never passed judgement. She thought that faith was important enough and needed to be strong enough that understanding and respecting other religions was no threat. I still find that a useful, tolerant approach, except Muslims.

After our PM's, and now this post, I'm beginning to believe that our Moms were sisters. grin

My parents never insisted we adhere to any one religion. While we went to church on a regular basis, (it was military Chapels which exposed us to many Judeo-Christian religions) we were free to accept or refuse any given doctrine.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell