Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Something you continually seem to miss, that I have tried to get across, and evidently have not done a good job of, is that you cannot compare "faith" to empirical argument. Apples to granite again.

Ed

Ed, that really goes to the second part of my typical question, "Why do you believe it".

My people hold their belief for family and cultural reasons. In many communities adhering to the local faith is really a necessity. As a result for many folks their faith was just a matter of what they grew up with, and they never reached it through a process of reason. To quote Twain, You can’t reason someone out of something they weren’t reasoned into, so in these instances, often it is the matter of apples to granite. On the other hand, for people who actually care about truth, and not the preconceived notions of their childhood, then comparing one's faith with the imperial evidence is a valid proposition.

As for those who openly admit they believe because they want to believe and the truth is of no importance to them....changing those minds is a difficult process, so hopefully they are of the harmless variety of believer...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell